Instructions for Sending Samples
Please note that only practitioners may order laboratory tests. We will not accept samples without a test request form signed by an authorized practitioner, a practitioner’s perscription or doctor’s signed order.
For all clinical specimen types: As per CLIA regulations Sec. 493.1240, label the specimen with the patient’s first and last name, and a second identifier (date of birth, medical record number, etc.). Initials of phlebotomist or person collecting specimen, time of draw and date of draw are required on each tube.
Account Setup Form: If you don’t have an account with us, please fill out the Account Setup Form and send it with your sample. You can print one by clicking Account Setup Form in the menu dropdown under Testing.
Fill out Test Request Form: Please fill out the Test Request Form and include all information. Failure to complete patient information, physician information, tests ordered, date and time of specimen collection, and payment information may cause delays in testing and reporting of results. The paying party, Patient or Doctor, must fill in the Responsible Party section. Test Request forms are available to print out in the drop down menu under Testing.
USE RED TOP/RED AND GRAY TOP SST TUBE (ANTIBODY, ANTIGEN, AND OTHER MEASUREMENTS IN SERUM; TUBES MAY BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY) Fill tube and sit at room temperature for 60 minutes. Centrifuge 10 minutes at 2000 RPM. Transfer serum to plastic screwcap polypropylene transport tube.
QUANTITY OF REQUIRED SERUM 2 (two) mL of serum is needed for performance of antibody assay and storage.
PREPARING THE PACKAGE
- Put individually wrapped tube(s) in paper towel layer and secure with a rubber band (to prevent breakage during transport).
- Place all wrapped specimens inside biohazard Ziploc bag.
- Fold properly filled-out test request form and place in front pocket of biohazard Ziploc bag.
- Place resulting packet in styrofoam container.
- Place styrofoam container in provided return mailer box.
- Close and seal box with tape.
- Put box in provided plastic regulation FedEx UN 3373 Clinical Pak.
- Fill out provided FedEx Airbill with your (sender’s) information, keep the top copy, and put the rest of the copies in the Clinical Pak’s pocket.
- Send to: IMMUNOSCIENCES LAB., INC., 822 S. ROBERTSON BLVD., STE. 312, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035.
LOCAL PICK-UP OF SPECIMENS
In Los Angeles you can call: (310) 657-1077 before 3pm for same day pick-ups.
REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL TESTING:
Verify with laboratory for sample stability and quantity of specimen required. Complete the Add-On form (available under Testing) and fax it to (310) 657-1053.
Call (310) 657-1077. We will accept requests for test cancellation only before test set-up. There will be no charge. A request for cancellation received after test set-up cannot be honored, and the lab test will be performed at the normal price.
PROBLEMATIC SAMPLE ISSUES
ISL will contact the client regarding all sample issues on the day the specimen arrives. All problematic samples will be tracked in our laboratory.
STORAGE OF SAMPLES
All routinely tested ISL samples are stored frozen for a minimum of 2 months from day of receipt.